Monday, June 6, 2011

Leaving Without Gold

I LOVE Roddy Woomble. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I've seen Idlewild more times than I care to remember, they played in Woolaton Park in 2002 when I was a teenager. I had seen Idlewild before then, but hearing American English sung in the pouring rain on an otherwise glorious sunny day will stay with me as one of my all time favorite live experiences. Any way. I digress. I just wanted to flag up the video from Woomble's latest offering:
Leaving Without Gold.


This single is out now to download, but personally I would just go out and get the wonderful new album The Impossible Song and Other Songs from your local friendly record vendor. You will not regret it! Generally more mellow than Idlewild's offerings, Woomble's solo endeavours are no less beautiful, and his roots in folk music increasingly apparent. Woomble is first and foremost a poet. I was once told by friends that they thought he would have remained a poet, but music was his way of bringing his poetry to a wider audience. This is poetry in motion, and it is utterly captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment