Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cherry Ripe

Cherry ripe, cherry ripe,
Ripe I cry,
Full and fair ones
Come and buy.
Cherry ripe, cherry ripe,
Ripe I cry,
Full and fair ones
Come and buy.

Yesterday I spent £2.85 on a chocolate bar. Not a big chocolate bar, no 70% cocoa solid with chili wonder, a normal sized chocolate bar, 52g to be precise. And it was 52g of heaven.

Cheery Ripe, a cult Australian chocolate bar became one of my most favourite things whilst travelling. Basically a cherry flavoured Bounty covered in dark "old gold" chocolate, it simply cannot be beaten in my opinion.

I had been under the impression that short of travelling halfway around the world, making bulk Internet orders or perhaps befriending some benevolent Australian Cherry Ripe smuggler I would be in for something of a wait for my next fix. However when browsing in Harvey Nichols food hall yesterday I came across a bank of imported foodstuffs. They had Marshmallow Fluff, something my American friends would commit murder for, Lucky Charms at £7.50 a box and wonder of wonders numerous Cherry Ripe bars. at £2.85 a go they aren't cheap, but they certainly cost less than a plane ticket to Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment